Business location is critical to some businesses; irrelevant to others. When you choose a business location, consider:
- Access to your customers and potential employees
- For walk-in businesses, the traffic count and available parking
- Cost of transportation and/or shipping from that location
- Whether there is a cluster of similar businesses to attract customers and give your business synergy
- For technology companies, whether there are nearby colleges or nearby technology cluster to inspire new ideas
- Cost of doing business - taxes, utilities, business taxes
- Cost of living and lifestyle for you and your employees
- Cost of lease and leasehold (tenant) improvements
- Growth rate of the area
- Whether the location is zoned for your business use
- Tax incentives offered by the community
Click here for more ideas
of what to consider in selecting a business location.
The resources on the right include help finding available properties in our area, tax incentives for locating in low-income areas, general tax incentives, and research incentives.
Incentives to hire employees are found in the Employer Assistance